To recognize individuals who use this tool effectively and creatively, NACD and NACD Auxiliary joined forces to host an annual Photo Contest. The contest is open to all amateur photographers who reside in the U.S. or its territories. Contestants are allowed to enter as many as five photos each year that each fit into one of the following four categories: Conservation Practices, Close-up Conservation, Conservation in Action, or Agriculture and Conservation Across America.
Photos are judged on technical merit and composition.
- On technical merit, photos will be judged on whether they are well-framed, properly exposed, and sharp/clear.
- On composition, the photos will be judged on imagination and creativity.
- One winner will be selected for each category and age division (adults are 19 and older as of December 1, 2019.)
- Each first place winner at the national level will receive a $100 cash prize.
- Second place winners will receive $50.
- The NACD Auxiliary – through their quilt project proceeds, the Country Store at the NACD Annual Meeting and individual donors – sponsor prizes at the National Level.
- Honorable mention award winners will also be selected for each category, but will not receive a monetary award.
Photos for the 2019 Photo Contest must be submitted by December 1, 2019 to NACD.
If you have any questions, please contact NACD by email at email@example.com
For entry instructions and forms please visit: http://www.nacdnet.org/general-resources/stewardship-and-education-materials/contests/